Foods N' Recipes / Bread with Rolled Oats
I found this recipe some time ago and decided to give it a try with the packet of oats we bought for breakfast.
- 1 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 tbsp butter (melted)
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups all purpose flour (I used 1 cup whole wheat and 2 cups APF)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
1. Proof the yeast with sugar and warm water in mixer for about 10 mins.
2. Add the melted butter.
3. Add dry ingredients.
4. Switch to dough hook and knead for about 7 - 8 mins.
5. Proof once in the mixing bowl and another time in the loaf pans.
6. Bake at 375 degrees for 45 mins.
Going in for a tan ...
All nice and brown :)
We also had them with homemade mushroom soup.
Going in for a dunk!
Tagged as: bread, bread with oats, bread with rolled oats, rolled oats