Foods N' Recipes / Spicy Chicken with Tomato in Soy Sauce
I don't remember having eaten chicken cooked this way before but I may have, but I used Thai Chillies instead so it WAS spicy. It tasted pretty good if I may say so :P
Ingredients (recipe as is):
- 2.5 - 3 lb chicken cut into large sizes (I used two pieces of chicken leg and thigh, chopped into 6 or 7 pieces each)
- 4 tomatoes sliced (used 2 tomatoes cut into wedges)
- 1 thumb size of ginger sliced finely into strips (slightly less)
- 2 big onions sliced (used 3 medium sized shallots, didn't have big onions on hand)
- 3 fresh chillies sliced finely lengthwise (used 6 Thai chillies)
- 4 bulbs of garlic (well, recipe didn't what to do with it so I just chopped them up)
- 4 tbsp oil (used 2 tbsp of vegetable oil)
- 1/2 cup of black soy sauce (used 1/4 cup of thick black soy sauce)
- salt to taste
1. Mix half the quantity of onions, ginger, garlic and chillies with the soy sauce. Rub mixture over the chicken. Season for about an hour.
2. Heat oil in pan. Fry the remaining onions, ginger, garli and chillies until fragrant.
3. Put in the chicken (marinade and all). Add salt to taste and allow to cook. Stir constantly until chicken is tender.
4. Put in tomatoes and cook for another 2 - 3 minutes. Dish up and serve hot.
Tagged as: spicy chicken tomato soy sauce